Today, the third stage of the championship of the MotoGP , held in Portugal at the Estoril track, on which the first place in the long struggle won the Australian Casey Stoner (Casey Stoner) of the Repsol Honda team.
The first started Dani Pedrosa (Dani Pedrosa) and Stoner (Casey Stoner) Repsol Honda but in the first turn between them was touching, in connection with which Pedrosa had to miss a teammate, and this took Jorge Lorenzo (Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing). As a result, by the second turn struck up a fight between reigning champion Casey.
Ben Spies (Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing) after starting from fourth position, could neither move forward nor to hold the current position in the results finished the race in eighth place. Meanwhile, in the fourth round of the pilot of the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Andrea Dovizioso (Andrea Dovizioso) pushed past his teammate Cal Kratchlou (Cal Crutchlow), to enter the top four chasing Dani Pedrossu.
During the 16-Th laps before the end of the race when entering a corner makes the fall Mattia Pasini (Mattia Pasini) of Team Speed Master, at the same time fizzled Iván Silva (Iván Silva) from the team Avintia Blusens, because of the illness, after the fall of in morning warm-up. But the black stripe team has not ended for 9-Th laps James Ellison (James Ellison) had to leave the track because of technical problems with the bike.
By the middle of the race Lorenzo closed the distance between him and Stoner, Spies also entrenched in eighth place, and here at Avintia Blusens team day is getting worse and worse for the 11-Th laps before the end, because of the fall left the race is another of its pilot Johnny Hernandez (Yonny Hernandez).
Karel Abraham (Karel Abraham) for five laps before the end crashed, this is the third race in which team Cardion AB Motoracing never got to finish.
On the last lap, Andrea Dovizioso to withstand all attacks Kratchlou retained fourth position. Alvaro Bautista (Álvaro Bautista) from Team San Carlo Honda Gresini held steady race to maintain their sixth place from start to finish. Valentino Rossi (Valentino Rossi) spent, his best race of the season in seventh place. Stefan Bradley (Stefan Bradl) from the LCR Honda finished in ninth position, while Hector Barbera (Héctor Barberá) from Pramac Racing closes the top ten best of the championship.
Results of the Grand Prix of Portugal.
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team / Honda
2. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team / Honda
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha
6. Alvaro Bautista SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini / Honda
7. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team / Ducati
8. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha
9. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP / Honda
10. Hector Barbera SPA Pramac Racing Team / Ducati
11. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team / Ducati
12. Aleix Espargaro SPA Power Electronics Aspar / ART
13. Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar / ART
14. Michele Pirro ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini / FTR
15. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project / Ioda
Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing / Ducati
James Ellison GBR Paul Bird Motorsport / ART
Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia Blusens / BQR
Mattia Pasini ITA Speed Master / ART
Ivan Silva SPA Avintia Blusens / BQR