Under the hot sun of South America Dakar Rally 2017 racers have already passed 3000 km distance from 8000 and if the early stages of the pilots prefer not to risk it, sorry strength and technique but now with each new stage of the passions run high only. After spending all of last step on stony paths, and most of the sites of the fifth day otherwise you will not name, the sixth stage of the Dakar 2017 returned pilots already familiar to them Sands, as 2/3 of the distance of 454-km spets.uchastka runs through the Atacama desert. The first to the finish line came Chilean rider Francisco Lopez, beating after a long pursuit Paulo Gonçalves, who occupied the first position, the favorite, he stayed for most of the race, but because of technical problems before the finish was able to finish the rally only on the 66th place, this is the second pilot Husqvarna has lost the leading position, for technical reasons, as in the last stage of Joan Barreda The board came down the track due to a malfunction of the motorcycle. For Chilean second result of the day he showed Ruben Faria KTM and acting on the difference a little more than one minute to finish came Cyril Despres. Thus, the sixth day of the favorites to become pilots KTM motorcycles .
The overall leading position still holds Olivier Pen acting on the Yamaha motorcycle, despite his ninth result in today's stage, Cyril Despres on a KTM has moved into second place, while third placed Frenchman David caste acting on the bike Yamaha.
The results of the sixth stage of the Dakar 2017
1. Francisco Lopez (Chile, "KTM") – 3: 36.21
2. Ruben Faria (Portugal, "KTM") +2.34
3. Cyril Despres (France, "KTM") +3.48
4. Kurt Caselli (United States, "KTM") +4.48
5. Israel Esker (Chile, "Honda") +6.13
1. Olivier Pain (France, "Yamaha") – 15: 35.23
2. Cyril Despres (France, "KTM") +2.22
3. David Casto (France, "Yamaha") +4.48
4. Francisco Lopez (Chile, "KTM") +6.06
5. Ruben Faria (Portugal, "KTM") +8.35