The young pilot of Honda Repsol continues to amaze his zeal to the pedestal and not for one second does not give relax to the veterans of the royal class. On this weekend took place in the championship Grand Prix Circuit of the Americas in Texas Marquez showed the best result of the race becoming the youngest pilot in the class of MotoGP to take the first step of the podium.
The favorite of the race from the start became Dani Pedrossa, after which broke the German Stefan Bradley, who immediately came under attack from Marquez, Jorge Lorenzo and Cal Kruchlou of the Monster Tech 3, after which the German driver turned out to be in the fifth position.
Further, during the first half of the Grand Prix in Texas to be leading in the race no one has claimed, and only on the 13th lap when passing the seventh rotation Marquez ducked under Pedrossu and passed him on the inner radius of the turn, and after six rounds because of not Andrea big blunder and lose the second position having passed in front of Jorge Lorenzo.
At the end of the Grand Prix, Marquez, who took first place now has equal number of points with Lorenzo who showed the second result of the race, giving the young pilot to 1.5 seconds. The third position was taken by Dani championship Pedrossa Cal Kruchlou which from the start was like tied to Lorenzo showed steady race and crossed the finish line in fourth position. The fifth and sixth place was shared by Stefan Bradley and Valentino Rossi. In seventh position is placed Andrea Dovizioso, beating Alvaro Bautista, and closes the top ten Nicky Hayden and Andrea Yannone.
Results Grand Prix of Texas 2017
1. Marc Marquez SPA Repsol Honda Team / Honda 43: 42,123
2. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team / Honda +1.534
3. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha +3.381
4. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha +6.616
5. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MjnjGP / Honda +12.674
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha +16.615
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team / Ducati +22.374
8. Alvaro Bautista SPA GO & FUN Honda Gresini / Honda +22.854
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team / Ducati +33.773
10. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy TI Pramac Racing / Ducati +42.112
11. Aleix Espargaro SPA Power Electronics Aspar / ART +48.837
12. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha +50.705
13. Ben Spies USA Ignite Pramac Racing / Ducati +1: 14.132
14. Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar / ART +1: 15.651
15. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport / ART +1: 19.591
16. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport / PBM +1: 34.391
17. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia Blusens / FTR +1: 39.823
18. Hector Barbera SPA Avintia Blusens / FTR +1: 39.952
19. Claudio Corti ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing / FTR Kawasaki +1: 46.773
20. Bryan Staring AUS GO & FUN Honda Gresini / FTR Honda +1: 48.084
21. Blake Young USA Attack Performance Racing / APR +1 lap
Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project / Ioda-Suter +8 circles
Lukas Pesek CZE Came IodaRacing Project / Ioda-Suter +8 circles
Colin Edwards USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing / FTR Kawasaki +10 laps