Today, the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in a difficult struggle already on the last lap with a gap of 0.081sek. Jorge Lorenzo snatched victory from his main rival Marc Marquez. With a break in the second half closed the three main Dani Pedrosa. Valentino Rossi after a powerful start dropped to the fourth position, drawn into fighting with Alvaro Bautista (GO & FUN Honda Gresini) and Stefan Bradley (LCR Honda MotoGP) as a result of the backlog from the leader of 13 seconds, Bautista and Bradley shared a fifth and sixth place in the Grand Prix of Great Britain .
Cal Kruchlou, skipping the Grand Prix on home soil in 2017, sixth in 2017 , today it is, as all of the many fans who had hoped for a better result. But the race has had no luck with the Saturday's qualification, the two fall and crash yesterday on the warm-up and end up at the start Kruchlou moved from third to sixth place, followed by the first round Bautista sent Cal to the seventh position by arranging a breakthrough with the eighth position. For Kruchlou in eighth place is located the pilot Nicky Hayden Ducati Team, bypassed teammate Bradley Smith Cal (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), while Andrea Dovizioso made the fall on the penultimate lap of the race, joining the Czech pilot of Came IodaRacing Project Lukas Pesek.
Aleiks Espargaro of Power Electronics Aspar was able to cross the finish line in tenth place despite a broken finger and injured his neck – an injury that he received in the Saturday's qualification.
After a series of stages of the Grand Prix, taking place every weekend, the pilots will now be a two-week interval between the next Grand Prix of San Marino. Ahead there are still six stages, at the end passed the stage at Silverstone remains a favorite Marc Marquez with an advantage of 30 points and diamonds from Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo, after today's victory is behind Marquez in the 39th five points. After the race it was announced that Marquez got two penalty points due to the fact that he was not sufficiently slowed by yellow flags that were hung because of the incident with Cal Kruchlou during warm-up.
The results of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone
1. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha 40: 52,515
2. Marc Marquez SPA Repsol Honda Team / Honda +0.081
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team / Honda +1.551
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing / Yamaha +13.233
5. Alvaro Bautista SPA GO & FUN Honda Gresini / Honda +13.298
6. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP / Honda +20.227
7. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha +26.299
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team / Ducati +35.993
9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / Yamaha +36.119
10. Aleix Espargaro SPA Power Electronics Aspar / ART +53.196
11. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy TI Pramac Racing / Ducati +59.058
12. Michele Pirro ITA Ignite Pramac Racing / Ducati +1: 00.710
13. Hector Barbera SPA Avintia Blusens / FTR +1: 01.690
14. Colin Edwards USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing / FTR Kawasaki +1: 01.843
15. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project / Ioda-Suter +1: 08.833
16. Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar / ART +1: 09.063
17. Claudio Corti ITA NGM Mobile Forward Racing / FTR Kawasaki +1: 16.474
18. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia Blusens / FTR +1: 16.535
19. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport / PBM +1: 32.057
20. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport / ART +1: 36.224
21. Bryan Staring AUS GO & FUN Honda Gresini / FTR Honda +2: 00.635
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team / Ducati +2 range
Lukas Pesek CZE Came IodaRacing Project / Ioda-Suter +19 laps