After a short break, the riders had to cover a route of 720 kilometers, 446 of them were spets.uchastki.
Of course, the main intrigue of the class of motorcycles was between Portner on the KTM team, Marc Coma and Cyril Despres. Already as a tradition in the Dakar 2017 with Mark in early stage have a problem with navigation, but later the Spaniard was able to avoid mistakes, and it allowed him to finish first and lead the standings.
His Portner less fortunate, hitting a mud trap Despres lost nearly ten minutes, and finished only sixth.
Dakar 2017 – Stage 8
1. Coma (Spain, KTM) – 5:03:52
2. Faria (Portugal, KTM) – 5:10:52
3. Tail (Spain, Husqvarna) – 5:12:36
1. Coma – 23:24:18
2. Despres (France, KTM) – 23:33:50
3. Rodrigues (Portugal, Yamaha) – 24:15:55