Today, in the Peruvian capital of Lima was the start of the annual Dakar Rally 2017, which was closely followed most of the world's population. Start held ceremoniously, all the riders passed through a specially designed ramp for photo shoots in the pace of parades, so everyone could possible see their idol.
After the official start of driving 250 km, waiting for the riders in a dedicated section of Pisco length of 13 km, which are identified and favorite of the first stage of the Dakar 2017. The best result was shown by the Chilean pilot Francisco Lopez Chaleko on the KTM 450 Rally, who led today's grid racers. With a delay of one second Phase 1 finished Frans Verhoeven (Frans Verhoeven), acting on a Yamaha motorcycle. In third and fourth place Honda and Pablo Quintanilla Patricio Cabrera Kawasaki. Defending champion Cyril Despres on a KTM closes the top five favorites of the first stage of the Dakar Rally in 2017.
Results of the first stage of the Dakar 2017
1. Francisco Lopez Contardo (KTM) – 00:07:51
2. Frans Verhoeven ( "Yamaha") +0: 01
3. Pablo Quintanilla ( "Honda") +0: 05
4. Patricio Cabrera ( 'Kawasaki') +0: 11
5. Cyril Despres (KTM) +0: 13
6. David Casto ( "Yamaha") +0: 15
7. Ruben Faria (KTM), +0: 19
8. Javier Pissolito ( "Honda") +0: 21
9. Paul Anders Ullevolseter (KTM), +0: 26
10. Joan Barreda Bort ( "Husqvarna") +0: 29